Students tend to be successful when they have teachers who
- Truly believe in them
- See them as God’s gifts
- Show them who they really are inside
- Acknowledge the goodness and brilliance that they sense about themselves but are so hesitant to share
- Are unwilling to settle for less than the highest to which each student is called
- Believe that nobody wins until we all do
If you share this philosophy of teaching, then you may be a good fit for Saint Francis School.
SAINT FRANCIS SCHOOL
Director of Communications
Founded in 1924, Saint Francis School’s mission is “Quality Catholic Education in a Spirit of Joy!” We do this by offering a quality college preparatory education to the children of Hawaii and those living abroad. For more information, please visit www.stfrancis-oahu.org
Reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate Saint Francis School mission. The Director of Communications will ensure that Saint Francis School is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within this diverse network and constituent base.
The Director of Communications will work closely with the Development Director and Admissions Director within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the network’s discreet audiences in collaboration with the Saint Francis School constituents
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and Saint Francis School’s website
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, and Saint Francis School’s website
- Manage all media contacts
Saint Francis School is seeking a Director of Communications who has at least 3 years of communications experience, covering areas such as website content, newsletters, and donor communications. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- Highly collaborative style; experience in developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Passion for Saint Francis School’s mission
If interested, please submit the Professional Application Form.